Make a post and say hello.

Make a thread and tell a bit about yourself and your interests.
Missnia1
Country, City, Area: Usa Warwick 401

Re: Make a post and say hello

Postby Missnia1 » Feb 19th, '17, 02:02

I'm new to chainsaw collectors and not sure how to navigate this forum I'm also new at using a computer better late then never right I love McCulloch saws I've repaired several Mac 110 and eager beavers and I'm amazed they still are able to run after all these years and the neglect that people put them through.when I figure out how to post pictures I'll get them on this site by the way my name is Russ from the smallest state in the union Rhode Island,that's all for now tx

pete
Collector Forum's Finest

Re: Make a post and say hello.

Postby pete » Feb 19th, '17, 07:42

Welcome aboard Russ anyone who can fix the mini macs is gonna be right at home here
AS LONG AS I DONT SEE MY NAME IN THE OBITUARIES IM HAPPY,AND IF A MAN IS BUSY HE DOESN"T HAVE TIME TO DIE

totte
Guardian Of Saws
Country, City, Area: Sweden

Postby totte » Feb 19th, '17, 12:36

Welcome Russ!

Just take it easy and learn by and by how to find your ways around in the forum. Here's a lot to read and look at. Anyone capable of getting Mini Macs to run is worth quite a bit of respect.

Torsten
If you get them, no matter how and why, guard them well!

chy_farm
Collector Forum's Finest
Country, City, Area: JAPAN

Re: Make a Post and Say Hello

Postby chy_farm » Feb 19th, '17, 13:33

Missnia1 wrote:I'm new to chainsaw collectors and not sure how to navigate this forum I'm also new at using a computer better late then never right I love McCulloch saws I've repaired several Mac 110 and eager beavers and I'm amazed they still are able to run after all these years and the neglect that people put them through.when I figure out how to post pictures I'll get them on this site by the way my name is Russ from the smallest state in the union Rhode Island,that's all for now tx

Hello Russ, welcome to our forum. I think you were very lucky to find here and came to join us. I also love McCulloch very much, the year before the last I tied to fix an old mini model, a Mac 320 which had a broke on air-filter cover.
And here is a video I posted on Youtube (my talk is a bit poor though :whistle: );
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHPz7AvFpwo
Chy
ImageEcho_Twin
An orchestra can not stand only with contrabass, bassoon, trombone, but does with violin, clarinet and cornet, sometimes accompanied by a tiny triangle.

rogero
Country, City, Area: United States

Postby rogero » Feb 21st, '17, 02:41

Russ, welcome Pretty much everything starts with the board Index.

Not feeling well at the moment so I'm signing out.

Again Welcome

Roger O

Magnus
Administrator
Country, City, Area: Sweden, Kristianstad

Re: Make a post and say hello

Postby Magnus » Feb 21st, '17, 11:45

Missnia1 wrote:I'm new to chainsaw collectors and not sure how to navigate this forum I'm also new at using a computer better late then never right I love McCulloch saws I've repaired several Mac 110 and eager beavers and I'm amazed they still are able to run after all these years and the neglect that people put them through.when I figure out how to post pictures I'll get them on this site by the way my name is Russ from the smallest state in the union Rhode Island,that's all for now tx

Welcome to forum.
Browse thru FAQ forum and read a bit. In this we try to help learn how to get more out of this lace faster.
viewforum.php?f=75
Post your saws in the models library. More saws makes better library!
If you need help to post please ask, I will happily help.

mixopterus
Country, City, Area: Namdalen

Postby mixopterus » Apr 19th, '17, 23:01

Hi all,

Erik, 42 years old from Norway here. Have had and operated chain saws since I was 18 years and started working as a lumber jack. I used to own 5 "modern" chainsaws (all Jonsereds), but my dad died earlier this year and I inherited his chainsaw collection. I am still finding chainsaws in all his piles of stuff, so not yet sure how many I will end up with, but I have found around 35 so far. Mostly vintage Jo-Bu, but also Jonsereds, Partner, Stihl and others. They are all in need of some care and I am not much of a mechanic, so I am expecting to slowly get them back in a better condition. I hope I can get most of them back into running order, but will have to read a lot on the forum so I learn what I need to know.

Pictures will be posted as soon as I get some of this saws into presentable condition again.

Cheers
Erik

Old Mac Guy
Dr. Pignon

Postby Old Mac Guy » Apr 19th, '17, 23:58

:welcome: to the forum, Erik!

totte
Guardian Of Saws

Postby totte » Apr 20th, '17, 00:53

Welcome Erik!

You have some job to do it seems. And here is the best place to get anything you need of parts, docs and knowledge. Smart move to join. I hope we'll see you at some meeting in the future.

Torsten

pete
Collector Forum's Finest

Postby pete » Apr 20th, '17, 01:52

welcome Eerik having your fathers tools repaired and working has to be a good thing good for the heart and good for the soul and good for you :thumbs:
AS LONG AS I DONT SEE MY NAME IN THE OBITUARIES IM HAPPY,AND IF A MAN IS BUSY HE DOESN"T HAVE TIME TO DIE

Bigjohnny
Country, City, Area: Dumbarton

Re: New Members - Show Your Location in Profile

Postby Bigjohnny » Apr 20th, '17, 19:24

Hi john here from Scotland hope everyone is well ,i rebuild old Stihls as a hobby and also use them for work, rebuilding six 08, 08s models and a early 07s at the moment which is locked up so will be looking for parts if anybody can help , cheers john

Magnus
Administrator
Country, City, Area: Sweden, Kristianstad

Postby Magnus » Apr 20th, '17, 19:42

Welcome to forum.
Post your saws in the models library. More saws makes better library!
If you need help to post please ask, I will happily help.

rogero
Country, City, Area: United States

Postby rogero » Apr 21st, '17, 02:45

Eerik
Welcome, I say your a lucky man. You have been in the logging business, so it's in your soul. Those saws have more meaning to you then anyone. Just take your time and enjoy bringing them back to life. Parts are sometimes hard to find but you have a lot of good chainsaw people near you. I'm sure they will assist you in finding parts. Thanks for joining us and will look forward to seeing some pictures down the road.

RogerO

chy_farm
Collector Forum's Finest
Country, City, Area: JAPAN

Postby chy_farm » Apr 21st, '17, 03:26

Welcome :welcome: Erik nice to have you as one of our member.
My father died early this year, but what he left me is only books!! not any chainsaw at all, lol. Instead I am making some collection of saws in my shed these days, not sure weather mys sons will appreciate it after me, but I hope so. :lol:
So to me you seem to be a very lucky guy being blessed with such a great collection of European old and partly some new saws. Hope you enjoy your life with the nicest saws your father left for you.
Chy
ImageEcho_Twin
An orchestra can not stand only with contrabass, bassoon, trombone, but does with violin, clarinet and cornet, sometimes accompanied by a tiny triangle.

totte
Guardian Of Saws

Postby totte » Apr 21st, '17, 18:52

Bigjohnny wrote:Hi john here from Scotland hope everyone is well ,i rebuild old Stihls as a hobby and also use them for work, rebuilding six 08, 08s models and a early 07s at the moment which is locked up so will be looking for parts if anybody can help , cheers john

Welcome John!

Use the Wanted forum to ask for parts, that's the place to get most things needed for old saws.

Torsten

Return to “Introduce yourself.”