Hello!

Make a thread and tell a bit about yourself and your interests.
edju1958
Country, City, Area: Buffalo/Rochester,N.Y.U.S.A.

Hello!

Post by edju1958 » Oct 7th, '17, 19:37

Hello To All,My name is Ed.I'm 59 & I'm new here.I've been reading some of your posts & I find them quite interesting.I started cutting firewood back in the early '70's when I was about 14.My first saw that I used was an old Stihl that we borrowed from my dad's friend.My dad saw that I was serious about cutting firewood,so he bought a new Remington for me(I think it was an SL-9).That saw was nothing but trouble for me,it was constantly breaking down.I ended up giving it to my uncle who knew nothing about chainsaws.He said he was going to tinker with it & get it running.Well,he was developing Alzheimer's & he ended up throwing the thing in a garbage dump behind the farm where he lived.By that time I'd bought a Jonsered 361 (still running,but a little tired) & an Olympik (I can't remember the model,but it came with a 20" bar,maybe a 254?).I've had some other saws along the way,including a Sears Craftsman(junk) & an old Stihl 021,a McCulloch Timberbear.I still have the Timberbear,the Stihl 021 I traded in on a new MS250.I've since bought a Stihl MS310,a Husqvarna 41,& 235.I have several Jonsered 361's now,hoping to revive them.I also have a Frontier F35 & a couple of Mark1's,a Partner 330,an old Montgomery Wards Featherweight,several Skils- models 1610 - 1616,& I just purchased 3 Pioneer 1074's. I hope to have them all running eventually.I don't know everything there is to know about chainsaws,but I'm learning.
I hope to make a lot of friends here!

Old Mac Guy
Dr. Pignon

Re: Hello!

Post by Old Mac Guy » Oct 7th, '17, 21:48

:welcome: to the forum, Ed!

pete
Collector Forum's Finest

Post by pete » Oct 8th, '17, 11:32

welcome to the nuthouse you are gonna fit in just fine
AS LONG AS I DONT SEE MY NAME IN THE OBITUARIES IM HAPPY,AND IF A MAN IS BUSY HE DOESN"T HAVE TIME TO DIE

totte
Guardian Of Saws
Country, City, Area: Sweden

Post by totte » Oct 8th, '17, 18:20

Welcome Ed!

Seems you have favored the lightweight saws mostly. That's good, we have a lot of guys here who like the big long bar brutes, nice with a contrast!

Torsten
If you get them, no matter how and why, guard them well!

Haffyhunter
Collector Forum's Finest
Country, City, Area: New Bunswick, Canada

Post by Haffyhunter » Oct 14th, '17, 02:45

:welcome: Ed,

Like you, I mainly prefer the smaller saws up to about 60cc so I'm in your corner on this one. Don't be shy to post any questions you might have about your saws as there is a world of expertise at your disposal on this website.

Steve